#86 – The SAFe PO Prison
In a SAFe setup, there’s the risk that POs become powerless Backlog Administrators because Product Management potentially drives much of the discovery and high-level work. If that’s the case, try this:
- Make SAFe POs accountable for products
- Help teams take ownership of their products
- 3) Get rid of the Program Backlog and place features in the Team-specific Product Backlogs
- Keep SAFe Product Management on a strategic level
- Make PI Planning about removing product dependencies
- 6) Have POs align as needed throughout the PI.