The course answers the overall question: What is my role as first-line manager when we’re working agile?
It does so by leveraging on the globally popular Management 3.0 leadership principles and practices. As working agile does not have a clear description of the role of managers, Management 3.0 suggests how to fill out this empty space with its practical and games-oriented approach to making agile leadership work in an empowered team-based organization.
Line Managers, People Leads, Team Leads, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches, Release Train Engineers/Tribe Coaches and similar formal or informal team leaders with experience in working agile.
Lecture, workshop, exercises
English / Danish, depending on the participants
Agile Leadership & Delegation of Decision-Making Power
- Act as an Agile Leader by understanding the difference between the Management 1.0 and Management 3.0 leadership styles.
- Use Personal Maps to grow connections between team members and teams.
- Use the six key components of successful teams.
- Identify and delegate appropriate decision-making power to teams using Delegation Poker.
Motivation & Rewarding
- Explain how reward systems work and their connection to the performance and value created by employees.
- Implement the Moving Motivators to understand and support your team members’ intrinsic motivations.
Emotional Intelligence & Psychological Safety
- Use the three components that make up Emotional Intelligence to build it with oneself and employees.
- Apply five steps to increase Psychological Safety.
- Use Celebration Grids to encourage learning from mistakes and successes, and to foster a positive team culture.
Purpose, Self-Organization and Workload Management
- Create an inspiring purpose using the Management 3.0 mindset and principles.
- Support teams in becoming self-organizing by using the Team Decision Matrix and Team Decision Cards.
- Describe, measure and reduce teams’ Cognitive Load.
Feedback, Recognition and Team Growth
- Build a culture of feedback by using Kudo Cards.
- Give better feedback by using the Feedback Wrap.
- Implement the Competency Matrix technique to identify skill gaps and growth opportunities within your team.
Collaboration, Diversity and Happiness
- Increase collaboration across teams by building networks across the organization.
- Use diversity to prevent groupthink and support creativity and innovation.
- Set up a system for employees to take the 12 Steps to Happiness and measuring happiness.
- Date: February 18 and 19, from 9 AM to 4 PM
- Place: innoQ Deutschland, Berlin (alternatively online, in Copenhagen or London)
- Price: 1,695 EUR ex. VAT